Thursday, December 4, 2008

Newsroom ramblings

I've decided to write this entry in our newspaper font, because as of today, I am no longer joint editor. The paper is done and printed, and will be distributed tomorrow. It sounds crazy, but I can't believe it's over so soon... Who would've thought that Ian (major D4-head but totally sound guy) and I would work so well as a team? We are, for all intents and purposes, complete opposites. And when we were paired up together, not only for the newspaper but presenting a radio show too, people were a little bit sceptical. But we work strangely well together, and I think this is the best damn issue of the paper that our class did overall! I'm exhausted, but I could probably do another couple of weeks if needs be... I don't want it to be over! I was having such a great time! One of our lecturers absolutely ripped it to pieces, though. But I don't even mind because I am so fucking proud of it...

Now I am sitting in the empty newsroom, with only Saz and the hum of computers as company. It's oddly calm, but I'm not complaining because we've barely had time to just sit and chat all week. We're in stitches over the photos from last week, but as usual she thinks she looks like shit in them. I keep telling her that she's insane. In reality, she's way better looking than me but she's been made to feel for much of her life, in the same way I have, that she isn't good enough and belongs in the background. This, of course, is ridiculous. She's fucking stunning! I just wish she could see what everybody else sees (although that has been said to me in the past too). Anyway, we're killing time until dinner in our very fashionable canteen (three quid for chips and beans!). Then we're going to see our bud Eric's play. He's so fucking talented. He wrote one that was performed last year too and it was amazing. I'm dying to see this one. My writing kind of pales in comparison, but I love it too much to give it up. I wish I had written more for this issue of the paper actually, come to think of it. All of my friends are so talented and creative and amazing to me. It's bizarre, being surrounded by so much art. I almost feel slightly undeserving.

I don't even know why I'm writing this, because I haven't really got a whole lot to say. Life is kind of passing by in a blur. Ever since August, I've been counting down to the day when I will no longer have to endure the pain and humiliation of seeing the man I once loved every day. Now that it's finally near, I cannot contain my excitement. Finally, I will be free! That's not to say that I have been in mourning, or giving much thought to it (not anymore, anyway) but it will be nice to finally get away from him. A kind of release, really. Although it does break my heart that we cannot get past this, but I doubt I'd ever be able to forgive him...

Okay, no more downers! Life is actually pretty good right now. I am heading off to Yorkshire next weekend for some random reason, with one of my best buds and a rather awesome friend of hers. I can't wait to get out of this city, even though I'm totally in love with it. Although I do wish we were going to London. I can't wait for Munich either. March cannot come quickly enough! I must get lots of college work done this weekend...and I have a million people to catch up with... Fuck! So much to do!

I am getting seriously hungry....

Song of the day: Dead Memories - Slipknot (this song says more than I ever could)

No comments: