Friday, December 12, 2008

My head feels like it's going to fall off

As predicted, last night was absolutely fucking EPIC!!! We were all hammered, but there was no trouble or fights or anything so it was grand (although someone, who will remain nameless, got sick on the stairs in Charlie's just after I left). Three people came who I haven't hung out with since Halloween and we ended up having the best time. The dancing was particularly memorable, especially because the music kicked major ass. The DJ even played "Just", which naturally enough, totally made my night! According to some of my best friends, not a day goes by that I don't mention my neverending love for Radiohead...they're getting pretty bored with it, but I can't stop! I'm even listening to Radiohead right now. Ahem.

Anyway, last night was pretty much drama free. Someone turned up and tried to get a reaction out of me by staring from across the room (as this person so often does) but, at the time, I was having too much fun to even notice. And when my buds informed me of it this morning, I laughed because I honestly don't know what else I can do at this stage. This person also said hello to two of my friends later on that night, which doesn't surprise me because it's happened countless times before, but it's quite ridiculous because they were never friends and won't ever be either (although it's better than trying to convince them that I am evil, fake, and not worth their time, as said person has done before on many occasions). I don't know why this shit is still going on, but I guess I'm just going to have to keep dealing with it. It's only really a mild annoyance at this stage, but honestly...I don't know... Sometimes I want to tear my hair out because I know that don't deserve any of this, but at the same time I'm quite glad of it because it has made me a stronger person, and will continue to do so in the long run. I sound like one of those fucking lecturers on self esteem. Fuck. It does break my heart every now and again, though, I must admit. But what can I do only keep going?

I was fairly drunk last night, but I was at that lovely, fun stage when there's no fear and life is fantastic and one's body is numb, as opposed to being ill or angry or upset. I woke up sick and Saz informed me she was staying in bed, but I went into college anyway and I was grand. There are some truly awesome people on my course, whom I'm only getting the chance to get to know now. It's great!

I think I've found my Christmas dress, and it's purple which will make my mother very happy indeed, but I don't know for sure yet if it's 'the one'. I read Kerrang! over lunch and discovered that "All Hope Is Gone" (Slipknot's most recent album) was voted the best AND worst album of '08 by the readers. I found it hilarious, as did Corey Taylor, who made the point that being loved and hated at once means that one is doing something right. That actually really made sense to me, surprisingly enough, because I feel like that a lot of the time. I'm sooooo excited to see Slipknot again next summer, especially because the pits are going to be mental!

Off to York tomorrow, for some unknown reason. I have my suitcase sort of half packed, lying open on my bed, but I'm too lazy to finish it off. I got home early today so I went running, but I feel so sore and my energy levels are at an all time low. I should have had a can of Red Bull earlier, come to think of it. I cannot believe that I am getting up at 6:15AM on a Saturday! Having said that, it can't possibly be any worse than getting up at that time this morning after heading to bed at 3AM... I still haven't located my fishnets, actually...shit... I must remember to buy a new pair when I'm in York. And now I'm rambling about nothing! Fantastic!

I have to head to bed at 10 tonight, which sucks because I'm looking after my little sis and whenever I do that, we usually hang out and do fun girly things (which I kinda suck at, but still). But tonight all we're going to get to do is watch "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging" (woo, hardcore!) before I have to go to bed - it sucks! Alas, that is life. I'm going to have to drink another twenty cups of tea if I'm to stay awake for the next two hours. Holy shit, I'm going to bed in two hours...I'm so old...

I really, really hope this fucking plane doesn't get delayed on Monday....or Eric is going to kill me...slowly....

Song of the day: Apocalyptica feat Corey Taylor - I'm Not Jesus

No comments: