Friday, December 26, 2008

Ferrero fucking Rocher, baby

Thank fuck Christmas is over for another year... Having said that, I have a little Ferrero Rocher perched next to my laptop, so it wasn't a total bust in the end (yes, Santy brought me a box of Ferrero Rocher, amongst other things of course).

Let's see... I worked three days in a row earlier this week, getting up horribly early for each, and shopped till I almost literally dropped (while trying to sort out a certain drama between my emo and two of my male buds) on Monday evening. Then, I stayed over in a guy bud's place (who will remain nameless, but nothing happened!) on Tuesday, but didn't sleep so I was DYING in work on Christmas Eve but, in the end, it was worth it because my man boss acknowledged all of my hard work, and then I had a yummy Chinese dinner with my mad family, complete with drunken taxi ride home with my mam. It was strangely wonderful.

I told my mam and siblings not to wake me up early on Christmas Day, so I didn't actually get up until 10, which was lovely. But then I discovered that my mother knew about my tattoo, and I had to show her, which didn't make her happy... Alas, she softened when she saw me in my short, purple, ra-ra style, strapless, girly-ass Christmas dress. I got the most AMAZING presents too, from DVDs and CDs to clothes, a digital camera, lots of Joker shit, perfume, an FCUK bag filled with cosmetics, books, earrings...and, of course, brand new fetish heels adorned with little pink skulls and bows. I am IN LOVE with them. I refused to take them off until 2AM, despite the excruciating pain I was in (well, they needed to be broken in after all). I was exhausted by the end of it, but it wasn't the worst day in the world after all. And we had great craic. And I got to spend some quality time with my cousin Hannah, who is also one of my favourite people in the world (despite her love for Robert Pattinson).

Now, today was a bit different from the usual Stephens' Day crap, because my siblings and I had to go to my da's new place for dinner. I was dreading it, never really having had a relationship with him when my parents were together, but I must acknowledge that he has been making somewhat of an effort lately, and thus I decided to reciprocate. The car ride over to Kilcock was filled with forced conversation and painful silences, but the dinner turned out to be surprisingly good! Da even managed to get us fucking awesome pressies (The Best of "The Panel" and the complete "Skins" collection, for me!). And, afterwards, we all watched Jumanji together, which is more than we ever did when my parents were together... Great film, actually. So, it was all right in the end. Not too painful or awkward. I was even a little bit sad to see him leave...which is weird...

Tonight is fairly boring, so far. But luckily I have lots of awesome people to keep me entertained. And "Ponderland" is on soon, so I've got that to look forward to as well! This weekend is already shaping up to be fairly busy... I'm going to spend some quality time with my emo tomorrow. I jokingly suggested we watch The Crow (which I got for Christmas - hahaha Santy has a sense of humour, eh?) but he actually seemed quite up for it, so yey! Bring it on! I'm really excited about tomorrow night, too, but I'm not going to divulge my plans because, knowing me, something will go awry and I'll wish I hadn't! Let's just say something was sprung on me and I'm making the most of it! Should be going on a date with Nat on Sunday, too, which will be awesome because I haven't seen her in fucking ages... Life is complicated, but as long as I try to remember who I am and who those I love are, everything else tends to fall into place... That was quite emo!

I don't know what else I've got to say... I'm tempted to have another Ferrero Rocher, but it's already half ten...it seems a bit late to be eating... Noodles just informed me that he picked up the weed for tomorrow, which is awesome because I haven't been stoned in fucking ages! I used to hate it, and a lot of people seem to have a massive problem with it...but once one isn't having joints for breakfast, I don't think it's a big deal. In fact, even those who do have joints for breakfast can be quite a good laugh (Radiohead springs to mind...).

I've eaten another Ferrero Rocher already. Damn it. No more! This Pirates of the Caribbean film is boring me...although I hear Russell Brand is going to be Captain Jack's brother in the next one! Woo! I should go now, cos this is boring and pointless and I've got some 16-year-olds to acquire alcohol for....

Song of the day: Stone Sour - Hell and Consequences (it's just a damn good song, and great for jogging!)

No comments: