Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time is moving much too fast

I'm sooo fucking tired and this week is flying by, as is expected from my last month here. Fuck, now it's less than a month. Fuck. I'm starting to freak out about all of the things I still want to see and do here, because I have very little money and time left. Saz and I took a walk earlier on through Marienplatz and Odeonsplatz all the way to uni, while we had the time. We walked the same way with her American (Milco) and the Canadians (Stan and Paddy) the weekend before last, but it was at three in the morning so we didn't get to see much. We saw more today, it was awesome. Although the city is beautiful late at night too, because it gets so quiet, very unlike Dublin or London. I'm going to miss it so much when I leave.

I was in Berlin this past weekend and it kicked major ass. It was thirty degree heat the entire time, we saw loads of historical stuff, ate some fantastic food (including a delish Mexican restaurant I wished I could've taken Scooby to) and partied the night away at one of the most famous rock clubs. The Brits went home early (snore) but Saz and I stayed till they kicked us out, thus having more time to drool over the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my life (Freddy from Sweden, lead singer of a band called The Durango Riot who actually aren't half bad), meet a chick from Galway, drink lots, and dance as much as possible before the sun came up. It was fantastic. Of course, we had to go sightseeing all day on Sunday but it was totally worth it! The Jewish memorial was really worth seeing too, it's so moving, so I didn't really mind being exhausted.

On Saturday we went shopping and found this great place called Who Killed Bambi (best name ever) where Saz and I were in fashion heaven. She found an amazing, 80s style shift dress and I found a bag with Siouxsie on it that I haven't been able to stop admiring since. It cost me food money for the week, but I don't care because I've never seen anything like it and am completely in love with it. I mean, what could be better than Siouxsie's face on a bag?! That's right, nothing.

I really fell in love with Berlin. It was totally worth the nine hour bus journey each way and the money I didn't have but spent anyway! The fashion was amazing and it had a much more alternative feel to it than Munich, which is fairly conservative. There were also the most beautiful alternative men there that I have ever seen. I could've licked them, they were so gorgeous. Kinda sucks being back here now, where there is a distinct lack of rock boys and girls. But it feels like home, so I'll shut up complaining.

Saz has been in an exceptionally good mood lately because of her Milco, but is dreading the thought of going home. I am too, to a certain extent but I also feel that, by the time the next three and a half weeks are up, I'll feel ready to head back anyway. I definitely could've done a year over here, and I'm really pissed that I didn't get a chance to, but five months has been great anyway and I'm quite sad that it's almost over.

I've been writing lots and lots lately, and reading Kevin Smith's book religiously. It makes me laugh and cry and want to watch his movies over and over (which I have been). Uni over here is a bit of a joke, so I haven't had to do too much work thankfully. Having said that, hopefully the lecturers will be generous with the ECTS points or else I'm screwed! I've learned so much about myself over here, I've grown up so much. I don't want it to end because I feel like there is so much left to do...

Still, Dublin awaits I suppose. My beautiful Dublin.. I miss it so, but I've a feeling I'm going to miss Munich just as much once I leave. I must get an I love Munich tee before I leave, to match my Camden one. I would've got one in Berlin, but the Siouxsie bag took almost all of my shopping money (I don't care, it was worth it). I did get a green leopard print sundress for a fiver and skull pumps for a tenner though, which kicked major ass. I've been picking up postcards in all of the cities I've visited, too, so I got one of those. Ah, Berlin was so much fun....I miss it... Especially cos the weather fucking sucks here right now. What happened to the summer!?

Food time. Man it's going to be weird not cooking for myself anymore...


Song of the day: Puscifer - Momma Sed (Ohio introduced me to this band, side project of that man from Tool, a band I kinda hate, and I really really like em).

No comments: