Friday, July 17, 2009

I hate Facebook

That's pretty much a given. I think it sucks, and I only have it cos of Erasmus. Anyway, one of the things I hate most about it, is that people keep popping up as "someone you might know". I'm currently involved in some sort of bullshit argument with a friend, over what is basically conjecture. People hear bad shit about me and tend to believe it, don't ask me why. I guess it's easier to hate me. Now this person keeps popping up, as if to say "Fix this!!" but I don't really fancy getting into another fight right now, so for now I'll just ignore it. Or get annoyed every time the photo pops up. Or both. Usually I don't fight with my friends. If we piss each other off, it's discussed and we apologise and get over it. This time, it's different because, as per usual, other people get involved (people who are not fans of mine) and then everything gets blown out of proportion.. Honestly, sometimes I wish I could live under a rock. But that wouldn't be as much fun.

I saw Harry Potter last night and it was fucking AWESOME. There wasn't as much action as the other films, but that's to be expected because the book was so dark. That's what I loved about it though. And the film adapted it really, really well. I don't know who directed it, but whoever it was did a damn good job. It was a good night too, because me and Saz were out with some buds from uni (one of whom is an actual GERMAN, we call him Zorro) which was really good fun. I even managed to choke down a beer, granted it was Becks Green Lemon, in true Munich style!!

Oh, and I discovered the wonders of sweet popcorn, thanks to the Brit who accompanied us to Bruno earlier in the week. Lot of cinema trips this week. Funny, seeing as I'll probably never see another film in that cinema again...

After the film, me and Saz headed home only to discover the U had stopped for the night. We got a Tram to Karlsplatz and another to a street about a half hour from where we live, where there's a great rock club called Backstage. The plan was to get a taxi, but of course at 3AM in the middle of nowhere, there wasn't a hope in hell of that happening and, long story short, we ended up walking home. It took a surprisingly short amount of time, but we were quite terrified the entire time. We stopped at a petrol station (the only one we saw the entire time) and were hit on by old German men. I pretended to be brave, for Saz's sake, but in reality I was shitting it. I don't really know why, either, because Munich is a far safer city than Dublin.

Everything is winding down, and I'm starting to think back over my time here which is making me nostalgic for this place before I've even left it! Sounds crazy, I know, but it's true. Next week is my last full week here and I am dreading it coming to an end. Even uni, which is a bit of a joke over here, is going to be sad on the last day.

Fuck, I need to sleep...

I dunno how I went running this morning. I must have more in common with the Germans than I thought...


Song of the day: Lily Allen - The Fear.

1 comment:

Pingu said...

Bebo does the exact same thing to me, always the same 3 faces I'm sick of seeing >:(