Friday, September 4, 2009

Cardio isn't always a good idea while hungover

I somehow managed to get my assignments done and handed in yesterday, surprisingly enough with one day to spare. I got to catch up with the lads I was in Munich with too, which was pretty cool. The thought of going back to college and actually finishing up my degree is so intimidating, but I'm also really, really excited for it! Plus hanging out with Saz every day again is going to be awesome!

Last night, I was reminded once again that I have the best friends in the world. Seeing as I am skint as hell right now, Tar decided to take me out and get me drunk, no strings attached, so that I could celebrate handing in my assignments in style. I got Noodles in on the act, and seeing as Star was swinging by with her crew, we ended up with a pretty good crowd. Sticky was there, the metal kids (one of whose bracelets I took..oops!), Seamo, etc, etc. It was fucking awesome. We drank the bar dry and danced the night away, and best of all, there was no trouble. Everybody got along and partied, nobody was sick or upset, and everyone went home smiling.

At one point, Noodles and I were reminiscing in the beer garden about an old friend of his (and ex friend of mine). It's a long and boring story, but suffice to say some hard drugs and a few choice words ended a bond between two lads who were once described as being almost like brothers. I described this guy as the Mewes to Noodles' Kevin Smith, a comparison he agrees with without completely understanding what it means (not a big Kev Smith fan). I asked if he missed him and he shrugged. He said he misses the old him. I kind of do too, as much as I hate to admit it. But we all have to grow up some time. I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw him again. It'd be interesting.

There were also a few isolated incidents with somebody coming onto me a bit too strong, which pissed Noodles and Tar off no end. As much as they like to pretend otherwise, they are fiercely protective of me sometimes. They can't really help it, bless them. They tried their best to keep a distance between this dude and I, and they did pretty well for the most part. I felt quite objectified, but I handled it and so did the lads (another example of how fantastic my friends are). It was a slight glitch on an otherwise perfect night.

Noodles and I had the bus home to ourselves, so we had another d&m on the trip. And then we sat outside the emo's house and tried to push each other over until he came out, dripping wet from the shower he'd just had, to pull me inside and have his way with me.

I was annoyed at having to get up this morning and drag my ass into town to see an old friend, but I was so glad I did in the end. It was great to catch up. My mother had a go at me for my walk of shame outfit as soon as I got in the door, but then she fed me (cos apparently I'm looking "...thinner by the minute") so I'll let her away with it.

Now I'm exhausted and regretting that jog I just had... I think it's time to get into bed with some herbal tea. Fuck, I'm such an old woman!


Song of the day: Radiohead - All I Need.

1 comment:

Pingu said...

Hey I needed that shower ok? It was bloody freezin outside too seeing as I was soaked! But you kept me warm. xxx