Tuesday, August 25, 2009

“Fashion is all about eventually becoming naked”

I love this quote, although I can't find who said it anywhere (which sucks) but still I think it's great. I don't know if it's a reference to humanity going backwards, or if it's simply that one's clothes should attract somebody enough that that person then wants to get one naked... I dunno, I dunno, but I like it very much. I don't really understand fashion, but I love it.

I am exactly 1,621 words into an essay I started two hours ago. So I'm not doing too badly, but the end won't be in sight for a bit longer. I have more research to do, including articles and books to read, photos to find, quotes to digest and apply (not the one above, although I'd love to be cheeky enough to add it in). I've got a long night ahead of me, but I doubt I'll get much done over the next few days so it's going to be totally worth it. My final year is in sight and it's going to kick ass (as long as I get all of this shit done first!).

Although this article or whatever (even though writing an article of 1,500-2,000 words is simply ridiculous) is going well, writing and researching is kind of pissing me off because it's reminding me that I haven't been able to afford Vogue in about six months, which is so irritating. I'm not a slave to fashion, nor do I follow trends, and that probably goes without saying if you've ever met me even once. I don't think I'm necessarily unique or one of a kind in the way that I dress. I like what I like and that's it. If it's alternative, fair enough. If it's high street, that's cool too. If it's a black Chanel bag, I'm definitely not going to say no! I get the piss ripped out of me on a regular basis by my guy friends for reading it, but the reason I love Vogue is because I find it interesting and the pictures are beautiful. And, believe it or not, the articles are usually damn good too. I read a bit of the German edition while I was in Munich, but like I said I could never afford to buy it (too much money on booze and trips all over Europe) so it kind of sucked. I really wanted to bring a copy back with me.

Usually, I read British Vogue because it's my favourite one. Agyness Deyn tends to be in it a lot too. If I had her face, I'd definitely cut my hair that short but sadly I don't. I'm really dreading the hairdresser's. I keep having nightmares about it. Maybe they'll have a copy of Vogue floating around...hmm...

I should get back to work and trawl through some more stuff. I hate typing on my knees. Why oh why did my mother throw out my desk chair!?


Song of the day: Linkin Park - Lying from you.

No comments: