Monday, January 4, 2010

As good as it gets

2010 is off to a great start, I'm very glad to say. Although I was stranded in Bray for the first two days of it, eventually having to trek home through feet of snow last night in CONVERSE (fun fun fun), I did get to spend some quality time in bed with the emo. And his lovely family kept me warm and fed, so it wasn't the worst way to spend the weekend...

New Year's in Noodles' was deadly. We had cocktails, danced to The Offspring, played drinking games and even rang in the new year with a snowball fight. I wore grey skinny jeans and my new, fucking AWESOME Bring Me The Horizon T-shirt. Scooby said I looked very "girlie punk rock", which was hilarious because I'm anything but. It was kinda weird to ring in the New Year in jeans, but I was with some awesome people so having a new dress didn't feel as important anymore. She got me a giant Slipknot poster and a Mighty Boosh calendar for Christmas, which was awesome except that I then had to carry them home through the snow...I got some weird looks, but that's nothing new.

In case I haven't mentioned it, I lost my wallet on Christmas Eve. I was devastated, not because of money but due to the amount of memories contained within it (mostly from my time in Munich) and my cards, which would be fairly difficult to replace, especially in the case of my student card. ANYWAY, today I made my way very slow through the snow to the Garda station and retrieved it. A very nice Garda had called last week to tell me he had it safe in a locker and that I could come get it whenever. So I got it back, with everything in it (including my pathetic tenner), but sadly there was no record of who had handed it in so I couldn't say thank you. My grandparents had assured me, when I lost it, that it would turn up because most people are good and I'm a good person, so I deserve it, etc, etc. I didn't really buy it at the time, but now I think I kinda do...

When I was about 17 years old, I remember stealing money from a wallet with several of my friends and then leaving it empty without even handing it in. Each person involved in that robbery has had his/her wallet stolen since then, and not returned. I was the last to fall victim to it, only I got mine back. I wonder why. Maybe my good karma is outweighing the bad, maybe I'm being rewarded for trying so hard, I don't know. I don't consider myself to be particularly pure or selfless. I mean, I can be at times, but so can most people. I just wonder what I did to deserve it...but I suppose I shouldn't wonder, I ought to just accept it and be grateful (which I am - very!).

I have a feeling this year is going to kick ass. I'm about to radically change my appearance, which scares the shit out of me but I'm ready to do it and I'm excited to do it at the same time. That will be the first big change. There will be many more. I aim to be positive, to believe in myself, to try my hardest and, above all else, to be happy. This year is going to rock, if the first few days are anything to go by... I'm so excited!



Song of the day: Lostprophets -End of the world.

No comments: